Please join us for this years annual Faculty of Science Student Alumni Mixer.
Each fall, our faculty hosts this special event specifically for science students with a panel of alumni guests. This signature event will take place during Carleton’s fall homecoming. The formal program will begin with the Presidents opening remarks and will include panelists who will answer questions regarding their careers after graduating from Carleton, followed by a reception. Each year we invite all science students, university vendors, faculty, staff, retirees, alumni and donors. Students have the opportunity to network and explore potential career options.
This year’s featured speakers are:
• Nancy E. Binnie, Senior Conservation Scientist (Chemist), Heritage Interiors Conservation Services Canadian Conservation Institute, Department of Canadian Heritage
• Dr. David Waller, Acting Section Head, Materiel, Infrastructure and Economic Analysis Section, Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) for Operational Research and Analysis
• Dr. Rowan Thomson, Canada Research Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Carleton University,
• Don Campbell, President of Connect With Don
• Stacey Noah, Director, Enterprise Application, Information Technology Services, Carleton University
5:30pm Registration and Refreshments
6-6:45pm Panel Discussion
Free parking for attendees will be available in the new parking over the O-train line (P18).
Students will also have a chance to win one of five $100 awards towards their studies at Carleton University during the event. During the reception, we invite all alumni to mingle and mentor students in your related discipline, reminisce with retirees, friends and current faculty, and most importantly, have fun!