The results of the Fall 2018 Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) Project Grant program are in, and the success rate for applicants from Carleton's Faculty of Science doubles the national average!
As per CIHR's website, "The Project Grant program is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes."
Fall 2018 recipients include:
- Hongyu Sun (Neuroscience) - $734k over five years
- Maria DeRosa (Chemistry) and Matt Holahan (Neuroscience) - $153k over two years
- Paul Villeneuve (Health Science) and external co-applicants - $191k over three years
- Spring 2018: Jenny Bruin (Biology) was funded ($749k)
- Fall 2017: Mike Hildebrand (Neuroscience) was funded ($573)
Congratulations to all those who received funding!