Please read through our updated web page as some of our procedures have changed.
Welcome to the Science Stores
Located in room 118 Steacie Building, the Science Stores is the main supplier for the Faculty of Science, servicing all research and departmental needs. We also ship and receive deliveries for the Faculty and handle hazardous waste.
Please note this site is for the exclusive use of Carleton University students, faculty and staff and we are unable to provide any supplies or information to anyone outside of Carleton University. We are also only able to do credit card sales through our e-commerce site, all other items must be ordered using a valid research or department account.
For undergraduate student supply orders please click here.
Faculty and Department Ordering
Ordering Science Stores Stock
- All purchases must be made in advance online via eShop carleton.ca/procurement/eshop. Shopping in real time at Science Stores is no longer permitted.
- Once your order is available for pick-up, Science Stores staff will email you with instructions on how to book a pick up appointment with Qless. Our Qless queue can be found here bit.ly/Carleton_Science and is called “Science Stores – Researchers and Staff”
- You will be able to enter Steacie without using your campus card at this time. However, you must make sure to check in using the cuScreen QR code as per the guidelines set by the university carleton.ca/covid19/cuscreen
- You should arrive at Steacie no more than 10 minutes before your allocated time slot for pick-up.
- If you are picking up cylinders, dry ice or liquid nitrogen you are required to order in advance and wait for the email letting you know you can book your pick up appointment.
Ordering from External Vendors
- You can email email@example.com for help with ordering from external vendors who are not on eShop
- When ordering in eShop from an external vendor (for example Fisher Scientific) please ensure you change your shipping address to ours:
Attn: YOUR NAME
1124 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6
- When your order arrives we will email you with instructions to book an appointment.
Bringing Hazardous Waste
- For information on hazardous waste management please visit the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) website: carleton.ca/ehs/programs/working-lab/hazardous-waste-management-program
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify Science Stores that you have waste to dispose of. Please include this filled out form in your email as well as the FOAPAL (account number) that you would like the waste charged to.
Undergraduate Supply Ordering
We stock all required items for students in undergraduate science labs: goggles, lab coats, lab manuals, insect boxes and mineral kits. Please note we will not be able to accept any in person payments, you must order from us through the website.
To order from Science Stores please follow the instructions below:
Please visit payments.carleton.ca/science/science-stores to order the supplies you need.
- Fill out the form with your information and select how many of each item you would like to order using the drop-down menu:
- To see photos of each item please click here
- Once you have selected all of your items, you will see your subtotal at the bottom of the page. Now go to Step Two: Payment
- This will bring you to a third-party page for you to enter your payment information.
- You will then receive several emails that confirm your order has been sent to Science Stores, and that your payment has gone through. Please ensure you pay attention to the last email with the subject: Your submission to Science Stores.
Location: 118 Steacie Building
Fax: (613) 520-2537
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; 1 p.m. – 4 p.m – By appointment only
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Carleton University Science Stores,
Room 118, Steacie Building,
1125 Colonel By Drive,
Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1S 5B6
See building marked “SC” on Campus Map for exact location.
Science Store Staff
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3842
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3854
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3849