Currently, due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are operating at the reduced hours of 8:30 AM-2:00 PM (Monday to Friday). Sales are only to valid research and department accounts. No cash sales, or sales to the general public.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com, as most staff are working remotely and are unable to answer the phones.
NOTE: New procedures for ordering and picking up supplies at Science Stores have come into effect as of as of August 17, 2020. Click here or scroll down for more information.
Welcome to the Science Stores
Located in room 118 Steacie Building, the Science Stores is the main supplier for the Faculty of Science, servicing all research and departmental needs. Anything not stocked can be ordered for you (valid Faculty of Science accounts only). No cash sales of chemicals.
We also stock all required items for students in undergraduate science labs: goggles, lab coats, lab manuals, insect boxes and mineral kits.
We accept the following method of payment:
VISA, MASTERCARD, INTERAC, and Student Card
Please note this site is for the exclusive use of Carleton University students, faculty and staff and we are unable to provide any supplies or information to anyone outside of Carleton University.
New Procedures Effective August 17, 2020
As of August 17, 2020, we have implemented new procedures for ordering and picking up supplies at Science Stores. The new protocols are necessary during these exceptional times to properly manage the increased volume of orders and to support the safety and wellbeing of the users and staff of Science Stores. Staff are working diligently to provide your research groups with the supplies required to support research programs during these unprecedented times.
Effective August 17, we have implemented next-day curbside pick-up for all purchases, including those shipped to Science Stores. Below is the new protocol for ordering and pick up at Science Stores:
- All purchases must be made in advance either online via eShop or by email to Science Stores. Shopping in real time at Science Stores is no longer permitted. The Science Stores wicket is for scheduled pick-ups only.
- Once your order is available for pick-up, Science Stores staff will email you and assign you a 15-minute window the following day to pick up your order at the Science Stores wicket.
- You will be required to respond back to Science Stores, copying Allison Jaworski and Valerie Pereboom, confirming your pick-up time and also providing the name and banner ID number of the individual who will be picking up the order. Temporary card access to Steacie Building will be given to those not housed within Steacie for the scheduled curbside pick-up. People housed within Steacie do not have any extra privileges to enter Science Stores or to order at the wicket.
- During this time, anyone trying to access Steacie must enter Richcraft Hall’s main glass sliding doors off Campus Avenue, followed by the solid white door into Steacie from Richcraft’s main floor. At both of these doors you must swipe your Carleton ID card and enter your four-digit PIN, followed by the # key. If you need to set your PIN, you can do so by clicking this link to access the CampusCard Web Card Centre, then clicking “Set Pin.”
- You will no longer able to access Science Stores by ringing the bell at the loading dock.
- You should arrive at Steacie no more than 10 minutes before your allocated time slot for pick-up.
- If you are picking up cylinders, you are required to order them in advance and proceed to the wicket at your allotted pick-up time and Science Stores staff will let you into the loading dock area.
While this is not the service that you are accustomed to receiving at Science Stores, these are not normal times and we all must do what we can to support the safety of one another.
Science store order forms are available as an electronically fillable PDF. Please fill out the fields electronically, then print the form out, and ensure that all the appropriate information is correct and complete prior to submitting the form.
Click the button below to download the order form.
Location: 118 Steacie Building
Telephone: (613) 520-3526; 520-2600 x3854
Fax: (613) 520-2537
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 12:00pm; 1:00pm – 3:30pm – By appointment only
- Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Room 118, Steacie Building,
1125 Colonel By Drive,
Ottawa, On, Canada, K1S 5B6
See building marked “SC” on Campus Map for exact location.
Science Store Staff
(Please note we are not able to respond to inquiries external to Carleton University)
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3842
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3854
Phone: 613-520-2600 x3849